Cauliflower Purée Recipe
Benefits of Cauliflower
Cauliflower is available year around. Cauliflower fights cancer, boost heart health, it’s Anti-Inflammatory, It’s rich in Vitamins and Minerals, Boost your brain health, detoxification support, digestive benefits, and antioxidants and Phytonutrients Galore. Serve it as a meal, or side dish, and or with pita bread, chop carrots, cucumber, or celery. Organic Cauliflower, Trader Joe $3.99 – All vegetables pricing are subject to change.
1 1/2 head Cauliflower
3/4 cup Coconut creamy milk
3 tablespoon Coconut oil
2/3 cup fresh Chives
3 medium Garlic clove, mashed
2 teaspoon Rosemary, dried, or 1 sprig fresh rosemary
1 teaspoon Sea salt, to taste
1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
1 teaspoon Black pepper, preferably fresh ground, to taste
1. Roughly chop the cauliflower, removing all leaves.
2. Place in steamer and cook until it’s easy to stick a fork in it (about 20 minutes).
3. Mince the garlic and finely chop the chives. Sauté the garlic, chives and rosemary in coconut oil until the garlic is light golden brown.
4. Use a food processor or a masher to mash up the steamed cauliflower florets.
5. If your using a masher, cook on medium low heat and mash with the masher while they’re in the pot. Or if you have a submergible blender, use that to blend mixture while it’s in the pot.
6. Add sea salt, nutmeg, and pepper to taste.
7. Sprinkle Cilantro/Coriander. So, good!
I like what Martha Stewart suggested “To garnish this creamy side dish, saute a few sliced cauliflower florets in a bit of butter until tender and lightly golden.”
“Eat only foods that will eventually Rot”
Cauliflower my moms simple way
1 head of Cauliflower
Extra virgin olive oil
1 whole lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
Parsley chopped, optional
Roughly chop the cauliflower in bite size pieces, removing all leaves.
Place cauliflower bite size pieces in steamer or Place the cauliflower into a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until fork-tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and allow to steam dry for a minute or two.
Add olive oil and one lemon juice, chopped parsley, salt and pepper.
It is simple and easy.